Sunday, March 2, 2008

"Working In The Fields TIll You Get Your Back Burned"

BRUUUUUCE!!!!!
This evening I just saw the almighty Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the Bell Center here in Montreal.
Whoa!!!!
Honestly this show was something I had planned on attending for the last couple months, but up until this evening I didn't have tickets and for a couple hours of today I did actually think about not going due to saving money.
Well!!!!! So much for that and I made the right decision......Friggin eh!!!!

I was trying to get a ticket through a friend/ and the peeps I work for however the demand was high therefore my chances disappeared. To begin with I wasn't trying to get a freebie and had offered to pay months ago but there was still a slight chance that I could get hooked up with a ticket.
So earlier today I found out there was nothing that could be done and some extra tickets actually got released so I jumped on thee ol Internerd and scoped out the scene.
I made contact with some dude who was selling a General Admission ticket for lower then face value. After thinking about it for an hour or so I actually had decided to skip it and i'll take my lose.

I was working another show this evening which was in the direction of the Bell Center so once I was done with this show.....MEN (2 ladies from Le Tigre spinning records.....the show flopped!!) I called this ticket fellow back up and metr him right in front of the venue. I made sure the ticket was legit, gave him my cash and walked into the most amazing place ever with thousands of other Bruce fans for our night of ROCK!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!! GOING TO THIS SHOW WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER AND IM GLAD I MADE THAT CHOICE!!!
I will say I completely lost it, danced my lil butt off non stop, sang along to at least "almost" each word being sung (honestly I was singing my toosh OFF!!!), my fists pumping, ass shaking, and this whole time I had the biggest grin on my face. So big that I actually made my cheeks so sore and my throat/ voice are definitely very sore......SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else like hearing 20 000 people sing along in unison to these amazing songs by an amazing band.
There definitely aren't many artists/ groups that can do what Bruce and his gang do. I do thing it's still got a very 80's/ 90's thing too it...Huge show singing along. These days you do not have many many bands that have this effect.

Below is the set list for this evenings rock show and let me just end again by saying THIS WAS THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 28, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Bell Centre

Night
Radio Nowhere
Magic
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Reason To Believe
Because The Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
The River
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Jungleland
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land

No comments: