Saturday, March 8, 2008

One big winter wallop

So today in Montreal and the rest of Eastern Canada we got hit with a monstrous winter storm.
Monstrous! Just today in Montreal we were dumped on with about 35 cm's of snow with some other areas getting hit with around 50 cm's. That's insane. This winter we have had almost 4 meters of snow dumped on us.

Personally its definitely been amazing to witness and be a part of. "You don't see this in Richmond, or California" is what I said earlier this evening to a friend while walking home from work.

Today I had to load in/ out a bunch of fellows by the name of Corb Lund who were from Alberta. I guess the lead singer of the band used to be in a punk band from Alberta named the Smalls. I've never heard them but there's plenty who have. So when I headed down to the venue the storm wasn't super bad. Yes there was a lot of snow, with lots of snow falling, windy, and icy. But it was fun. After load in I headed back up home which was insane. It was a full on blizzard with visibilty around 50 ft in front of you. No one on the streets and no one driving around. My house isn't to far from the venue (and actually all the venues) so I just walked back too the hood to catch the HABS vs Kings game (we won!!!!!). While I was in the bar watching the game you could see the wether getting worse and worse and worse.

This evening the conditons have been the same. White out conditions. No one on the streets. No cars. Everyone who is on the streets are walking in the middle of the street because the sidewalks aren't cleared (you don't wanna sink) and the streets are. Its totally crazy too see.
I do think this storm today and even tomorrow is definitely one of the biggest snow storms I've seen. Totally insane!!
2 days ago it was +2C and everything was melted. Now there is TONS and TONS of snow everywhere. A couple blocks from my house my street was actually closed because cars couldn't make it up the hill. Even if you have a 4x4 the snow is too slippery. 2 days ago nothing!!...hehehehe......Fun FUN FUn....Im into it. Plus the Habs won too!!!

No comments: