Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Here we go here we go here we go

Tuesday April 1, 2008

Well it is almost bedtime here at Souls headquarters (Kate is Great’s house). It’s been a long day thus far but it’s finally finished up in a very good good way. Before I continue I will drop the names of all the fine people on this run.

Souls:
Pete, Bryan, Greg, and McDermott
Souls buds:
Kate, DJ, Dubs, Matt, and myself

So I arrived in Asbury around 5:30 and came straight to Kate’s house to begin the evening of getting everything sorted and packed. Dubs and DJ were already in the basement with the gear packed and ready so once I arrived we got straight to work loading # 2 (our trucks are….The White Castle-our home, and #2 which carries all gear/ merch- Dubs and myself will be driving #2) in the rain non the less. Thankfully though while we were loading the rain was at it’s lightest downfall.

After this was done I headed into the Chunksaah Records space to take care of merch and listen to the Habs hockey game on the radio (internet).

The Habs won 3-0 which had them winning their division for the first time in 15 years….GO HABS GO!!!!

After the game I had a dinner of vegan perogies with Kate which ruled. This was the first time I have had perogies in seriously about 15 years. YUM!!!

In grade 7 I took home economics and made learnt to made perogies which I would make as a young teenager for my Dad and myself however once thee ol vegan diet took on I stopped.


Monday, Mar 31st

So today I woke up earlier then I usually do so I could get all of my errands done before I depart for Jersey tomorrow.
The day was spent shopping, and riding the subways all over this huge metropolis. I do like NYC for sure however now that I live in the Mont Royal I must say that NYC just is a little too much for me. Don’t get me wrong because it completely rules but it’s just a little much for yours truly. I like the size and the speed on home.
Anyhow I saw the funniest thing today in the subways. This dude was definitely in a fast paces walked/ rush and ran onto one of those moving walkway contraptions. I know the dude definitely thought it was going to help him out in his dash for whatever train he was about too hop on however the walkway was going the opposite direction and he couldn’t tell. So he walked onto the thing pretty fast (he didn’t fall though thankfully because he may not be as funny) and was a good couple meters on the thing so just committed and kept going. I seriously could not stop laughing (too myself of course) cause right when he stepped onto the thing he quickly looked around to see if people saw what he just did then totally tried to play it off by committing and walking along the whole thing which must have been a mission at his speed…..Classic!!!!



March 30, 2008- Brooklyn, NY

I am sitting here at my friend James house in Brooklyn this evening after a 9 hour bus (dog) ride from Montreal. I had planned on leaving Montreal this morning on the 9:15AM bus however due to another-late-night of working a show and hanging with friends for my last night in town my hours of sleep were very very few. So when the alarm went off I had only about 3 hours of sleep and knew there was a bus leaving a couple hours later so I just reset the sucker and off too sleep I went.

Back in the Empire I am. Crossing the border is always such a crock on both ends. I know the routine now due too crossing pretty often but it’s still always a joke to be apart of and watch go down. The whole bus was emptied and about 50 of us were in the customs building for a good 5-10 mins before any of these goofs started running us through. Seriously there was probably 10 agents just sitting there talking, staring at us and by the looks of things not really working at all. It just had a very sort of “power trip” feel too it. “Let’s just make them all wait for awhile because we can” What a joke this is?

Tomorrow I plan on running some errands in the city and eating as much food as I possibly can before I head to Jersey on Tuesday too begin our 36 (straight) hours of driving from NJ to Irvine, CA to begin another tour with thee almighty Bouncing Souls.
Fun Fun Fun!!!!

No comments: