Sunday, April 13, 2008

The West Coast

Thursday, April 10, 2008- San Fran, CA



I have only been awake for a couple hours and thus far it’s been the most amazing day ever. We are staying at the Phoenix Hotel which I have stayed at numerous times in the past while here on tour. I think it’ the hotel where most bands stay while coming through this area thus giving it a nickname of the “rock hotel”.



The Phoenix Hotel

When I woke up I went out too the truck to grab my yoga and the weather was completely beyond. Clear blue skies, and had a nice warmth too it so I decided to do yoga right out in the court yard pool side. STOKED!!! In all honesty I think this is the first time I have ever done an actual yoga routine outside in the sun near a pool.

When we arrived here yesterday after driving up from San Luis Obispo where we were the day before there was about an hour or so too kill before heading to the venue (Great American Music Hall) too load in so I stuck my hand in the pool and found out it was more of a huge hot tub. The breeze outside was a little chilly as is usually the case here in San Fran however with the warmth of the pool It wasn’t an issus so Bryan, Dubs and I got on thee ol swim trunks and took a dip.

AMAZING!!!!

Seriously the pool was a heated pool however was definitely a lot warmer then your average pool so it made for an extremely relaxing swim.

So I just took another quick swim here this morning before we actually check out of our hotel. Today we are heading towards Sacramento but I think we are going to take a little detour. On our day sheet yesterday K8 mentioned something about a field trip so I asked her what this is going to entail. It turns out she is taking us across the Golden Gate bridge too the other side where we are going to have a field trip in a redwood forest/ national park which is one of the only forests of its kind. Should be fun fun fun funnnnnn!!



Yesterday in San Fran was the running of the Olympic Torch and this was the only place in North America where this was happening. Due to the current situations unfolding in China/ Tibet/ China’s involvement with Sudan and us being in San Fran there was naturally going to be a lot of outspokenness and demonstrations. K8 had in informed us the night before of the situation and mentioned that the traffic coming into the city may be pretty crazy due to the events. Upon arriving the sky was filled with helicopters, and planes doing circles around downtown. The traffic was definitely backed up but nothing too crazy for California so we made it quite easily too our hotel. Once we were checked in we had about an hour too kill so Dubs, Montaine, and myself wanted to try and walk towards the area where we thought the events were taking place. We just walked towards the eyes in the sky however the clser we seemed to get the farther away these flying machines were getting so we called off our search and headed back to the Phoenix.

***We now have Montaine on tour with us. She is from Portland and has toured with us before as FOH. She straight up rules and showed up the other day in San Luis Obispo with bright orange/ red hair (not in a cheesy way though-it looks good). Everyone was looking forward to her arrival and now she is here.



My friends Daniel, Kristy, and Mike

No comments: