Tuesday, December 25, 2007

HOT HOT HEAT-US TOUR- FEB-MAR- 2005

The people who I am on tour with
HHH
Dustin- bass
Paul- drums
Luke-Guitar
Steve-hair and vocals

Taze- stage-
Chris- tour manager
Carlos- our new tour manager after Chicago

Paul- bus driver

Feb 21st. flying somewhere over the northeast

Here I sit at 30 something thousand feet on yet another plane heading for Seattle to begin tour later today.
I am not complaining here because its all been voluntary but in the last month I have spent more time in the air then I have at home. A little unsettling seeing how I am pretty over flying and airports. Oh well what are you going to do.
So I just spent a little over 48 hours at home which was nice but I wish I had a little more time to catch up with people and gather my thoughts from my most recent adventures in other parts of the world. I didn’t really get to talk much about my trip which I wish I could have because there is so much I want to share with people. But then again I am getting kinda used to having these thoughts/ experiences to myself due to taking most of these trips in by myself.
I am glad that I got on this tour. My plan was going to come home and get a job in Richmond until my next tour. Now I don’t really have to stress about looking for a job in Richmond and will wait until I come back for a little while to get a job.
AAHH! I am not into getting bounced around in the air.
I must say one of my favorite parts of the country is the pacific northwest and I am looking forward to being in seattle in a couple hours. The pacific ocean!!! Seattle is an extremely beautiful city surrounded by incredibly thick green forest and ocean. If I ever move back to the west coast the 2 places I would move to in the US would be Portland or Seattle but then again I also have my thoughts set on the Vancouver/ Victoria CAN area. CAN or the US? ha ha ha. Easy choice.

Feb 22, driving to Portland from seattle

Driving in one of the prettiest places in the US. The pacific northwest. YEAH! This morning we passed Mt. Rainer which is a towering snow covered mountain that is about twice the size of all the surrounding mountains. Filled from top to bottom with snow and ice shinny in the sun. The trees in this area are amazing and always remind me of my youth growing up in the north. Nothing like the bright green forest.

So yesterday I arrived in Seattle in the mid morning which was nice. Flying in to this city in the clear sky is quite cool. Passing all the mountains and coming into the coast rules. I caught a cab from the airport into the city to get my day started. Came to the hotel to catch a shuttle to the venue where I dropped my things off and then cruised around the capital hill area to catch some food. A smoothie and a incredible falafel. With in the last 4 weeks I must have had like 40 falafels and this one was by far one of the best. Not as authentic as the falafels in Egypt but filled with hummus, fresh salad, and some sort of spice. I love seattle and would seriously think one day about moving here.
After food and cruising around I went to the venue where HHH had just arrived. I had never met any of them before except Taze (guitar tech). Loaded in and started tour. The first day blues just getting everything organized. I was busy pretty much all day working but managed to get out an hour before doors and get some amazing pad thai with mock chicken. So So GOOD!. The show was sold out at around 750 so I knew I would have a pretty busy night.
The opening band and the band who is on the rest of the tour with us was actually really really good. Straight up rock with heavy heavy riffs. Their name is Louis (the fourteenth)- but the number is in roman numerals.
This was going to be the second time I have ever seen HHH. They were pretty good and are actually pretty catchy but watching them I couldn’t stop thinking about how I am going to miss seeing the INC every night. INC’s live show is pretty much unlike no other (my opinion of course). Also I realize that I am going to miss being on tour with all of them dearly. Soon Soon Soon. Ha ha.


Feb 23d, leaving Portland Oregon around 4:00 in the morning

So yesterday was pretty cool. I had to stay behind with the opening band the night before in seattle to pick some things up in the next morning that we needed and then I rode with them to Portland. Phyte was going to be in Portland the day after us because the tour he is currently on so seeing how we haven’t hung out in awhile he decided to get his bus to drive to Portland over night from San Fran. It was very nice of him.
So I quickly hurried my work up and then met up with phyte to get some middle eastern food and then it was show time. The show went well but I don’t think as good as seattle. During the show some girl passed out on a table I was near and at first I thought she was a little drunk so I was offering her some water. She seemed fairly young so I was hoping she was drunk because she was WAY out of it. I saw her eyes seriously roll up. She then snapped out of it and told phyte and I that she wasn’t drunk, no drugs, but she has heart problems and forgot her medicine. A good reason for a 911 call which was made and about 15 minutes later the paramedicas show up and tend to her eventually taking her to the hospital. Porr girl. She was around I would say 16 and upon getting taken away I went up to her in the stretcher to give her a HHH wrist band. She then told me with tears running down her eyes that now this is the 2nd time she is going to have missed them. Poor girl.

Last night after the show Phyte, the HHH people and I ended up going to a big hang out at some warehouse which was owned by the dandy warhols. I have never ever seen anything like it. The place was huge and had probably 100 enormous rooms. Some I guess I would even call rooms because they were more like huge huge open spaces. The biggest was an enormous jam room with a basketball court inside and the walls painted blue to resemble a sky and white for the clouds. Equipment after Equipment just sitting in this place for people to use. There was an enormous library inside a room with about 5 red lights to give it a sort of ambient feeling and from what someone was telling me the couch was custom built that was the in the middle of the room. The couch was in a U shape and I would say about 15 people could fit on it. The wall where all the books were was probably about 25 ft long and 10 feet high filled front top- bottom and sidc to side with books. Thousands. The room next to the library had sort of a stable/ outdoorsy feel t it. You walk along these cement stones which are on the carpet painted like tree stumps. Insane.
-Sitting in a library, looking through a barn into the bright blue sky.-
I have never really heard the dandy warhols and could really care less about them. What stoked me out was that they built a place as such. I was talking to someone at this place and he said its basically just a place for everyone. You have to be part of the “community” and its yours, You want to come by at 2 in the morning and jam out or hang out then do it. No one lives there permantly but people can crash there if need be, Actually last night was pretty off the wall.

Feb 26. 05 in hotel room in salt lake city

We just arrived about 2 hours ago from an over night drive from LA where we played yesterday. I just found out about 30 mins ago that Phyte is in town on his tour. Yeah! How rad? We both laugh at the fact that we are on 2 different tours but have seen each other twice in the last 5 days on the west coast. Ha ha.

So 3 days ago we arrived in San Fran after an all night drive from Portland. We arrived in the late afternoon at a pretty nice hotel named the phoenix. It was a ritzy, fancy hotel but very arty. The pool outside was just a different kinds of colored marble and there were all these interesting sculptures around the place. Neat. I got checked in and cleaned up and met up with a friend before they went to work. Next on the list was to eat to a burrito so I got directions to a burrito joint and indulged in a cali- vegan burrtio. YUM!!! Theres nothing else like California burrito. After eating I cruised around “the streets of san fransico”which was nice. I have been here plenty of times in the past and never really cruised around and explored things. After cruising with the headphones for awhile I went to a movie named “Hotel Rwanda” which I had wanted to see ever since seeing the previews on Turkish tv.
The movie is about the genocide that took place in Rwanda in 94. I read a book about 4years ago on this situation which prior I had no clue of. Interesting that when I was 16 years old and 1 million people were brutally murdered and hacked up that I only found out about it 4 years ago. WOW! The mass media will do wonders!! The movie was pretty brutal and I think one reason being is due to the things I have also read. No 2 hour movie can tell most of the story but then again nothing ever can unless you were there.
After the movie I cruised back and there was actually a party in the hotel bar so I went in to check things out and stayed for awhile and then crashed out.
The next day we played at great american music hall in the city. I woke up and cruised around for a little bit and then walked to the venue to meet Paul (driver) and the bus. Before the show I had the best pad thai that I have had in a long time. Extra peanut sauce was the key. The show in san fran was really good. Another sold out show for the HHH which is good. People are really into this band. After the show we hung out for a little bit and then off to LA for an early morning show at ucla

We were about 2 hours late arriving to ucla due to some accident on the grapevine. I woke up and we were actually in Oxnard picking up sound gear. Crazy! I had no clue we were coming to Oxnard so waking up there was a trip due to that is where my father lives and I lived for about 8 years ago. This was around 9 and we should have been at ucla at that time. We were still 1 1/2 hours away so there was some stress but then there isn’t anything that could have been done. Ha ha. Maybe there was actually. Our tour manager (chris) is kinda of crazy. Lets just say he needs to tighten up a lot. So we finally come into ucla with 1 hour before set time and we still haven’t even opened the trailer. After working our asses off we ended up pulling it off and were only 15 mins behind schedule. I did my world later and helped Taze with the stage due to him being the only person.
The show was in some courtyard at ucla and in between classes so there were a lot of people. It was really nice being outside because the weather was warm and the skies were clear.
After the show we then had to quickly load everything back up and then drive to the roxy to load in there. Todays show was going to be a big show. It sold out in a day and had been for the last month. Also I know it was a big show as well due to it being in LA and all of the “industry” people that were coming. Crazy. I mean its cool because some of those people actually mean well but then you have the people who only care about the mighty dollar and could care less about the band. Im not saying that is the case here I am just pointing out a fact in general. There are some good people and there are some sketchy people and when dealing with big business you need to be cautious. Anyhow the show was very very good and it’s a cool feeling when you hear the crowd over the pa. After the show we loaded out and Dustin was spinning some records at a party so I went by to walk into a place where I really knew no one so I then left. Ha ha. I then pretty much went to bed and woke up today driving to SLC where I am now to hang out with Phyte for the rest of the night. Rock on.

Feb 28. leaving salt lake city to boulder, co at around 2:07 in the morning

So the last 2 days have been a lot of fun. I have gotten to see Phyte again and hang out with my friends Tyler (from slc), margie ( from slc) and heather ( who I have met touring and she used to work at gilman st in Berkeley)

Last night Phyte was in SLC on the take action tour so I planned on going to see him and the tour he was on. I left my hotel to go check out borders books not to buy anything but just for some eye candy.
The show was okay. I watched a band that is big with the younger crowd called sugarcult. They weren’t bad but to be honest they are very very similar to green day so I would rather see the real thing. GREEN DAY! Ha ha. I hung out with Phyte, Heather and Tyler for the evening and then walked back to our hotel where we were staying. I was invited to dinner with everyone that I am with but due to Phyte being in town, Tyler and Heather as well I decided to go hang out with them. That’s all I really did. Hang out at a show with Phyte, Tyler and Heather. After the night I walked back to the hotel and listened to some tunes while going to sleep.

Woke up this morning, had a nice shower and waited to get picked up from Tyler and Heather to go get some breakfast. After going to the wrong hotel they finally arrived and we went to some restuaraunt which was near their house and the venue. Their friend Laurel arrived shortly after and we then got our food. I got a “vegam burger” with fries which was actually not bad. After breakfast/ brunch we cruised so heather could get some things for the show. Heather was the promoter for our show.While Heather was doing her thing Tyler gave me a ride to a wild oats to get some cookies and some juice that I enjoy. There are these cookies that I thought were just on the west coast called uncle eddie’s cookies and are delicious and vegan. Well I found some today in SLC which ruled. I bought 3 and am trying to make them last 3 days but its haaaaard!!!! I then hung out at their housee for a little bit and then went to the venue for load in.

The show today was good but there was only a couple hundred people there which isn’t bad by the way. The place was pretty small as well.After the show the HHH dudes, Tyler, Heather, and myself decided to go to a bar. HHH took a cab and I rode with tyler and heather. The bar was fun and was just a bunch of people singing karoke which is always a good time. Now I am in the back lounge of the bus writing this about to go t sleep.
This tour is fun and everyone in HHH is really nice and I am looking forward to the rest of the tour.

Mar 2nd. Minneapolis @ club quest

Just sitting in the bus waiting for a late load in and earlier show. Should be fun. Ha ha.

We played boulder, co 2 days ago which was a nice show. I think it was my first time to boulder and that city/ town had a nice little feel about it. The university towns always have a lot of cool interesting things to offer and usually some good places to eat. I got a burrito before the show which was really good. Not California but pretty close. I didn’t really watch the show tonight but there was another good turn out for the HHH.

Yesterday we had a day off in council bluffs, iowa across the river from Omaha, Nebraska. We stayed pretty much in a trucker heaven with nothing around but a truck stop, and some big chain stores. Earlier in the day Taze and I went to home depot to get some supplies we need on the road to make things run a little smoother. The rest of the day was pretty much spent hanging around. I cruised with everyone later in the evening to red lobster which I think was probably the first red lobster I have ever been into due to the veganism and me never liking sea food. A little weird but I went to hang out and drink some margaritas. The margaritas they brought us were seriously the size of a bucket. Good but big. After dinner we came back to the bus and just hung around for the rest of the night. I managed to get some reading done which was nice.

Mar3rd, Chicago @ the bottom lounge.

Yesterdays show in Minneapolis was a good time due to the good eats. The show was good and again HHH comes through with another good night. But yesterday ruled due to the one and only café luce. Vegan mock duck pasta and vegan cheese bread. Ever since my first visit to Minneapolis every time I come here I head straight for luce. Good good food.
Taze, Dustin and I hung out after the show and went to LUCE to get some beers. Both those dudes are nice dudes and I am glad we hung out.
Its funny because touring with the INC we always joke about booking tours around certain restaurants in certain towns. Well Minneapolis would be a definite stop as well as Chicago where I am now.

We arrived in Chicago this morning and I tried to sleep as long as possible due to the awkwardness of the day. You see our tour manager was getting fired today and we all knew but him which made for awkward times. I am not saying I agree or disagree with the decision. I do understand it and why it happened. Chris was not a bad dude and was nice but as a TM for HHH there were things that needed to be tightened up. You cant stay up certain nights doing coke when you should be up in the morning taking care of things. That was an issue as well as others. It sucks because Taze and I both were the ones who were the closest with him due to the crew bonding type thing. Whatever you want to call it. All in all it sucked and this morning was weird. I went out with Luke too get some coffee while chris was on the phone getting fired. There is no way I wanted to stay on the bus so Luke quickly asked if I wanted to get coffee. SURE! Ha ha. I came back and then Chris told me that he has been let go. Damn!

Well after the morning drama and when Chris was finally gone things were back to the same. We got a new tour manager named carlos who I actually know from warped tours etc etc. He has done sound for a bunch of bands. I think getting carlos is going to be a good decision. He comes across like he has it more together then ole Chris.

So Chicago was and is always a good time and the reason for this is the FOOD. I miss the INC dudes so much and all of us rocking the V. Tonight I went to pick me up café by myself and ordered some vegan French toast. I have no problem being by myself but the last time I was at PMU was with the Swedes, Phyte, and Scooter eating the same thing. Ha ha. Miss you all and the eating.
Another thought I had tonight was in regards to my teeth. Ha ha. Tour is going to cause my teeth to fall out. While I am on tour I search out vegan treats and deserts and will never pass when I find one so I am intaking A LOT of sugar which isn’t good for someone with no dental ins. My teeth are again starting to get sore and I am eating tons of sweets. Oh well you only live once.

The show in Chicago was really good. It was another sold out show and I think it sounded really good. I don’t know If I was just focusing on that due to Chris leaving and his sound but I did think it was very loud and crisp. In between bands there was a dj spinning tunes which is always a good call. I think all shows should have some one spinning tunes in between bands. It adds a little more instead of just throwing on a CD in between bands.

It looks like I may have a very busy next 5 months. Damn! I am not 1000% but I think that HHH has a lot planned and then there is the INC in may which will rule. I haven’t been home at all in the last 4 months and I think I would like to be home for a little bit. By the looks of things that will have to be later. Ha ha. Again you only live once. YEAH!

Mar 4th, Grand Rapids, MI @ the orbit room

This venue holds around 1800 people and there are only 250 tix sold. Damn! Someone screwed up putting the show here. But then again we are in grand rapids and this may be one of the only places to play. Why grand rapids?? This show is also a clear channel show which always makes me uncomfortable and sad. I am glad it makes me feel like this because I think most people don’t even know or even think about it. Clear Channel should not be supported at all. Ha ha. Then again as I write this I sit here in a CC venue. Sometimes you can never win. I do know that if it was my choice or I was the artist I would never play a CC venue due to obvious reasons. EVIL. You need to know your enemies.
Its my first time here and I don’t think ill be seeing much due to the snow and coldness outside. Im screwed because its about to get colder in the next 2 days when we head to buffalo, and boston.

Mar 5th, Detroit Rock City

I think Detroit is pretty much a shit hole. The streets are fucked and the city is pretty run down. Oh well because I am really looking forward to the show tonight which is sold out.
So 50 cent the rapper is throwing a huge part next door to the venue tonight. Fucking crazy. So everyone is in suspense and we have moved our bus down the street. From what I hear was that somoen in 50’s entourage was killed last week. Drama. Who knows if its true or just rumors because its something I don’t really follow but if it has some truth to it then things could be interesting to night. Either way the thoughts are entertaining.

Mar 6th Buffalo, inside our bus waiting for load int

So last night in Detroit was pretty crazy. The show was really good and there were a lot of people. Then you had ole 50 Cent’s party next door which was pretty off the wall. Cops everywhere and the streets block off. Taze was telling me that in like 5 mins he saw about 3 fight sin front. All day people had talked about how crazy things would get and I thought it was all hype and possibly we were getting told this to put some fright into the out of town band. Well not true. The hype was real and things were pretty crazy. I didn’t see ole 50 but while we were loading out I saw about 20-30 people including tons of cops in a big circle and word has it 50 was in there. I guess he showed up around 1 in the morning and then left about 1 hour later while we were loading out. Damn!!
Detroit rock city always bringing the insanity!!!

We head to Boston tomorrow which will be fun and cold. There is a really good burrito joint in boston that I love going to. I think it is called mad max’s and the tofu burrito with vegan sour cream RULES!. Then after boston we have a day off in NYC which will be fun cause I get to hang out with Jorge and Janelle and cruise around the city which I love to do. Then we are on our last stretch of this tour and then home! Cant wait. Im not getting burned out and never really do but I do miss home and I want to spend some time there for a little while before the next adventure begins.

Mar 9th New York City, @ bowery ballroom

The show we played in boston was another good sold out show at the axis club. I like boson however I have still never really cruised around the city at all. The shows I have been to here have always been good and then on top of that you have burrito max which serves a mighty tasty bbq tofu burrito. We had a really late bus call that evening so after the show we all went out to some bowling alley where there were supposed to be people hanging out however upon arrival it wasn’t really happening. We then decided to go to a bar next door and spent a couple hours there and I managed to get myself pretty tipsy and ended up leaving the bar myself trying to find my way back to the bus. I made it back safely after a lot of stumbling and blurred vision.

Woke up yesterday morning in NYC with a major hang over and at one point almost loosing my insides. This day was a day off but not much of one due to the weather. I really wanted to come here and puit on the ole headphones and walk around which I love doing here but the weather was seriously the coldest I have experienced in a long time. Its weird because the day before we arrived here the temp. was around 50-60 f and yesterday was around 20f. Today is a little warmer but not by much however there is no snow and the wind isn’t as bad. Our bus dropped everyone off at the hotel and I got out with my bags and made my way over to jorges museum where he works to get his house keys so I could unload, take a shower and keep warm. Not fun walking around with both arms occupied with bags and then your getting completely torn apart by the ice/ snow and wind. So so cold. I managed to find my way to Jorge and janelles house in Brooklyn, did some laundry, took a shower and waited for both of them to get off work so we could hang out.
We went out to eat at a place I had been to before which is in Brooklyn called the greens which serves such amazing healthy vegan asian food. Going there was a little mission for myself due to how unbelievably cold the weather was. As soon as we left their house my whole body was completely sore and stiff. After dinner we came back and just chilled at their house for the rest of the night.

This morning I woke up, took a nice HOT shower, and took the subways back to manhattan to meet up with Jorge for some lunch and now I am at the bowery waiting for the bus and everyone else to arrive to load in our shit and then ill probably go cruise around for some food and delicious cookies that I can eat later this evening. Ha ha.

Mar 11, in our nations capital @ the 930 club

Woke up about an hour ago and have just been hanging out in the bus until we can load in which is still in a couple hours. I am really looking forward to todays and tomorrows show just due to how close I am to home. Hopefully I get to see some familiar faces and get to hang out with some peeps. I know tonight Scooter will be coming to the show and I wont be working as well due to the 930 club taking care of everything for me so ill get to hang out with him tonight. Good times. Ole Scooter I think is always going to bring me some tastey delights as well which I am excited about. Just cant get enough of those sweets

So the last couple days have been fun but cold. Yesterday we played Philly which is always a good time however this show last night was extra fun due to the location. We played the theatre of living arts which is on south street and 3rd ave right in the central area of all the cool eating places and music shops. I had a lot of time to kill due to a late doors and me not having much to do so I cruised over to maoz falafel and got myself a little falafel/ hummus sandwich. I think this maoz is the only one in the US and I have been to the one in Amsterdam/ London and Barcelona before. Great falafels and unlimited salad bar so you eat the top layer of your falafel and then go back and fill it up with salad, eat that and go back so on and so on. YUM. I then walked around for a little bit listening to the headphones. After the falafel was somewhat digested I went to giannas to go get a vegan philly cheese steak and the most amazing piece of cherry covered chocolate cheese cake. WOW. Jake who does guitars for louis xiv is also rocking the ole V so I doubled the order and brought him some food. He has never been to the east coast and doesn’t really know where to eat so I think he enjoying my company and sense of direction for the good eats.
The show was sold out around 800 and was one of the better shows of the tour. The kids were super into it last night and usually always are however last night the whole crowd was popping up and down in unison. Good times. There was an after party that we had planned on going to however our bus earlier in the day had to drop the trailer and Taze and I couldn’t load the trailer up until it was re-connected to the bus which took awhile to arrive. Paul are driver over slept. It happens to us all. Once Paul and our mobile house arrived I then went into my bunk, read my book and listened to some sinead o connor which is ALWAYS nice.

So I am currently reading a book tilted “the bone woman” and is about “a forensic anthropologists search for the truth in the mass graves of Rwanda, Bosnia, and Croatia”
It is definitely a trip and super weird reading about such fucked up brutalizing shit during a show, being surrounded by kids, and the show energy. Here are tons of kids and myself enjoying our daily lifes and then in other parts of the world there is completely completely fucked up shit happening.

The show in NYC was good as well and usually the after show festivities are good times but this night I decided to hang out in the bus and go to sleep.

I am currently watching the video for the new mars volta single and I need to pick this album up. I have their old album but I haven’t listened to it forever but I remember it being completely crazy.

Mar 15th- 3:17am at the holiday inn in downtown dallas

Just walked back from the elm street bar with dustin and carlos. Tonight we all saw Robert Plant here in dallas which pretty much sucked. I went because this dude was in led zepplin but he was so so washed up. After about 4 songs carlos and I walked back to our room to get a drink at the hotel bar. We then received a call from paul who was with the others at another bar so we caught a cab there to finish up the night.
The only reason I went is for the experience of seeing someone who was in led zepplin and also because we were able to get in with our tour laminates. Anyhow it was something to do but over all ot blewwww!!
Ha ha.
So the last couple days have been pretty fun. We played norfolk VA which was fun but I wish I was able to see some familiar faces due to how close I was to home. Oh well. Next time. The norva is always nice due to the backstage facilities. Hot tub, game room, kitchen, laundry etc etc. One of the nicer/ bigger venues in the country. We ended up hanging out there until about 3:30 at night just hanging out talking. Bus call came around and I went to sleep to wake up in Atlanta

The show in Atlanta was nice. We arrived early in the afternoon to load in with plenty of time to spare. After I was set up I went outside where there were a couple kids just hanging out before the show and asked some of them if they would be cool to give me a ride to get some food and I would hook them up with a couple tickets. This kid named chris who already had a tickiet ended up taking me to a restaurant I had been to in the past with the SA’s and I order a burger and a nice juicy piece of cake to go and came back to the venue to devour this food. Since this dude- chris- had a ticket I ended up getting his friend named lyntasha in which was nice because I knew she was stoked out. The show was another good show at a very new venue. This show was the 3rd show they had ever had and I think they were very stoked on it due to the turn out. After the show there was a complete down pour and I mean down pour which sucked due to loading out. Fortunately at about the right time when we were putting shit in the trailer the rain died down and unfortunately by the time we were done the rain was done. Oh well sometimes you win some and sometimes you don’t. My wet ass went onto the bus after we were done and ended up going to sleep for the night to wake up here in dallas.

Today I hung out at this hotel most of the day until I called one of phytes friends named chris who was originally going to take me out until he found out he had plans later in the evening. So I caught out hotel shuttle to a whole foods and then I walked to a restaurant named cosmic café where I had some enchiladas, tomatoe basil soup, and a blueberry smoothie. Yum yum yum. After me eating I caught a bus back to downtown to my hotel to wait for everyone else to eat at a brazilian restaurant where they had a night of flesh. We then went to the show and then this bar.

Tour ends in 3 days which will be nice. I cant wait to get home and hang out with people I haven’t hung out with in awhile and others I haven’t really hung out with in awhile. CANT WAIT!! It looks like ill be doing another tour with the ole HHH which should be super fun due to it being all across Canada. So I plan on coming home for 2 weeks and then coming to Canada for a week before tour begins to hang out and check things out. Then tour across Canada.

Mar 18th, Austin TX at sxsw

Here I am in the holiday inn in Austin tx listening to the new bloc party. I waiting for fed ex to arrive so I can ship some things off and then catch my flight back home. Yeah!
We played sxsw yesterday which was interesting. I have never really been before so I was looking forward to it. Basically sxsw is just a big industry schmooze fest but its also pretty fun due to how many people are in town and all the happenings. The streets are closed off and just filled with people. Good Times.
We woke up pretty early and loaded in so we could beat the rush of all the other bands. After load in everything was done and there was like 7 hours to kill. I caught a cab to the hotel, showered, and then cruised back to the venue. There was a whole foods very close to the venue so I walked over there to do some shopping. Seriously the thing was huge. Complete madness inside there. I guess it just opened about 2 weeks ago. Anyhow bought some munchies and went back to the bus to hang out and eat. My friend morgan from Sweden was in town so I got a call from him and headed downtown to meet up with him. Finally found him after some searching and walked around for a little and then went in to emo’s to see tegan and sara. I had always thought this band was going to be somewhat electronic based but they weren’t. Both grrls were on guitar and then there was a band behind them. Cruised back to the venue to get ready for the show.

Damn!!! I have said this before and I will keep saying it again. I hate airports and I hate flying. In Atlanta where my flight to rva has been delayed by 1 1/2 hours. Never fails.

Then show was good and completely packed. The doors opened at 7 in the evening and we didn’t play until midnight and we weren’t even the last band. After the show we were getting dropped off at the hotel to clear the bus so Paul could be on his way to LA where he has to be in 2 days.
This shit is crazy. While I was in the trailer loading shit onto a cart I heard the squeeking of tires and looked out to see a car skid out sideways, then jump onto the freeway sideways, get completely side swiped/ smashed by on coming cars. I have never ever seen an accident as such in real life. Totally crazy. Then a second later the driver of the car that spun out- caused the whole thing- started to back up which I thought was to clear up to freeway. This car then completely high tailed it and took off. INSANE!!

Tour is now done. All the HHH dudes are really good dudes and bring it live. I am looking forward to my time off as well as the next tour with them in Canada. Yeah!

Mar 19th, in Richmond

Being home is a little weird I must say. I have been gone for so long that I feel very distant from everyone. I know it’s the first day back and it takes time to adjust but it still feels weird. The to think that I leave in 2 weeks again its very interesting.
Now people are starting to get to know me better over this fucking computer then they are in person. DAMN!!!

No comments: