Tuesday, December 25, 2007

HOT HOT HEAT- JULY 2005

JULY 19th, 2005. Charlotte, North Carolina

Sitting here in a place named amos in the hot, sticky, wet south. The last 6 days have been pretty intense heat wise. So So looking forward to getting out of the south and actually out of the east coast and on to the west coast. A BIG difference in climate I must say. Global warming playing its part.
This morning I read in the newspaper that in death valley, ca which usually is hot place due to it just being pure desert was 123 degrees today. That’s insane!! Brutally insane!!
What will it take for us to realize we are heading towards oblivion?
I just got a ride from 2 girls who were at the venue to buy tickets for tonights show. I went up to them and told them I would do them a favor if they did me a favor. “I will get you into tonights show if you can give me a ride to this natural foods store” My food problem was solved and they were happy due to getting into the show. I think from here on out this is what I will do if there is no runner.
The last 6 shows have all been pretty good. No big difference then any other show. Most sold out, average age around 17 yrs old, and the same songs night after night. Also the opening bands are pretty much crap. We have a band named world leader pretend which I thinkg is crap. Then the second band is actually better then the first and their name is eisley. The thing is with them though is they are all god lovers. They PRAY before they PLAY. Nuts!! The whole band minus the bass player are family. There are 3 sisters and 1 brother in the band. Their dad is their tour manager and they also bring their little little sister on tour with them. Some weird shit if you ask me. When I hear a band being god lovers it totally bums me out. Then again it has nothing to do with music. Anyone being a god lover kinda bums me out.
Tomorrow we head to rhode island where we have a day off and my friends nick/ krissy are actually going to be there visiting their family. Cant wait to see them.
On this tour there aren’t to many shows I am looking forward to. Tomorrow will be fun and then the next days I am looking forward to are all the west coast shows. I get to see the INC the day I arrive in LA. We are playing with the killers, white stripes, inc in san diego which will be fun fun and then the ventura and santa cruz shows are going to RULE!

No comments: