Monday, September 13, 2010

AM!

Sept 10, 2010

The other night I attended Against Me!, the Flatliners, and Young Livers show in Montreal which was something I was looking forward to for quite sometime as I knew I would be home.

The last time I saw Against Me! (about 6 months ago in Burlington, VT) it was one of the funnest times I have had at a show in years, and I’m talking years. Most shows I attend these days I am usually part of through work which means I have to constrain myself and be responsible to get things done. All the other shows I attend I do attend because I want to, and am sometimes a fan of the band (sometimes not!) but still keep it chilled and constrained.

Not with Against Me!

This past show (as well as the show in Burlington) I was right up front against the barricade singing along as loud as I could, surrounded by an excited sweaty crowd which gave me the biggest grin all night long. Totally amazing, and needed as its something that never happens anymore with me. Bringing the youthfulness out is always a treat.

AM! is an incredible band live, an incredible band recorded, and all incredible fellows. Watching them play, their interactions with each other on stage, and with the crowd is a treat within itself. Truly amazing.

Also that night I had 2 good friends-Dave, and Mike- who I grew up with in California playing in the Young Livers which made the night even better. The last time I saw both Dave, and Mike would have been about 2 years ago but I was so busy that only a “Hey! Hows it going!” could be said. So catching up, and talking about stories when we were all a lot younger was pretty special. Both individuals I respect so much, and have had a big part in my story.

No comments: