Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let The Games Begin #3 or 4?

Oct 9th, 2008

I am in Philadelphia at the moment where in 2 days this nut job Sarah Palin will be on hand for the Flyers, NY Rangers game where she will attempt to drop the game opening puck. What a disgrace!!! A complete load of turd this is and the only thing somewhat exciting about it will be the crowd response.

Oct 10th, 2008

Currently sitting in the back sit of this van while Ted is up front driving, and Scott is riding shotgun. A day off from driving-not by choice- which I am living it up. We have an Xbox here in the van soI did attempt to play some Pac-Man but ended up giving up quite quickly instead to surf the web-wireless in the van too- and pay attention to the news on the radio.

Two days ago we played the Black Cat in Washington DC which I have been to a handful of times and is a place I enjoy due to their Vegan Lasagna, Vegan Chocolate/ Peanut Butter Cake, and the Ginger Ale there. For this show I handed a guest list which included the fellows from Fugazi which was funny. Ted is old friends with all of them from his time in DC “back in the day” (haha) and from one of his prior bands Chisel touring with them. James’s brother in fact was the drummer of Fugazi who also produced the Pharmacists latest album “Living with the Living”. I am not someone who gets giddy around people in this little music thing because in fact this music is a small world so most of the time you cross paths with people/ bands that you personally like- and that have been inspirations/ influences. It happens and long story short it happens to those same people too. But yes it was cool that they came to the show and the band actually ended their set by covering an Ignition song “Kiwi Chant” with Alec Mackay doing his vocals. After Ted’s set I did go downstairs to grab some water and Ted introduced me to Ian and Guy-Fugazi who I had actually met years and years ago while helping a friend put on 4 of their shows in California.

The show in DC was also the Pharmacists show yet again. They played an amazing set once again and the fans agree as well from what I can tell by their reaction. Once they were done the temperature in the Black Cat actually seemed to drop and it turns out the reason why it did was because a lot of people left after the Pharmacists played which left Against Me! playing to a half full room.

Last night in Philly we were at the Electric Factory which is a huge room and again there weren’t that many people in it. I think the capacity of the Electrc Factory is around 1500 or so (I’d say) and there was probably 600-700 kids last night. We did get ourselves some Vegan Cheese Steaks from Govinda’s delivered which is always a must in Philly. With my order I added a slice of Pumpkin Cheese cake to enjoy the tastes of the fall/ festive season. My friend Jorge and his lady fried came out last night which is usually the case when I am in town so we had our usual “show hang” which consists of trying to talk over loud music in a venue the whole time while I am working. It sucks because I know some other people I knew wanted to come out and hang with me but our guest list last night was too big so it wasn’t possible. After the show Ted, Scott, and I drove to the Holiday Inn to lay our little heads while the other dudes went separate ways with their lady friends.

No comments: