Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where is the Love and Compassion?

Oct 13, 2009

This is truly completely mind blowing.

My friend Ali who I met years ago on the mind numbing Warped Tour is currently going through what I would say is probably the most insane thing she has or ever will go through.

It was 2006 when our paths crossed and still to this day I am thankful for this crossing.
Ali is one of the cutest, sweetest people to walk this planet. Truly. Its why she is my friend and its why all my friends are my friends.

For 2 months straight from 8 in the morning until 10 at night we would seriously be at arms reach watching, and commenting on the circus passing us by. There was 1 particular show when I looked out into the crowd and saw some tool running with a cash box in hand which I recognized as Ali’s. I hopped over my table,, and ran as fast as I could into the huge festival crowd chasing this douche bag down to get Ali’s money back. I did catch the dude, threw him up against a fence, retrieved the loot, and handed him over to the authorities.
Ali didn’t even know the dude had taken her money when I returned but I know she was relieved when it was returned. Poor thing.

Since then Ali has been working for a catering company touring with acts as Nine Inch Nails, Eagles, Blink 182 and many other big time acts who can afford to bring out catering companies. Some health issues un-expectedly overcame Ali on tour a couple months ago and now the poor thing is left with a $43 000 health bill. INSANE!

I can’t believe people have stood for such a crock for so long. Something needs to be done as this is just the most de-humanizing thing imaginable. Your born, you live your life how you choose, you get sick, and you can’t afford to keep yourself healthy so you go in debt or die.

And Obama just won the Nobel Peace Prize. Hahaha.

Anyhoo please check out Ali’s situation and if you can help out with anything please do.

http://thealivattermatter.blogspot.com

No comments: